[alsa-devel] getting the sound to work on my asus m6s00v

Christian Gleerup cromozon at swn.nu
Tue Mar 17 22:45:21 CET 2015

I had some problems getting the sound to work on my asus m6s00v
(I think that is the model, it is a bit worn so I can't really read it)

the symptoms was
* on the integrated speakers, no sound at all
* on the headphone speakers, sound for a very very short period that faded into nothing.

with help from debianuser on freenode#alsa we managed to get it working.
the option that i had to load the module with is the following:
sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel model=3stack-digout
the status now (perfect)...
* sound on integrated speaker.
* sound in headphones (disables integrated speaker output which is fine)
* mic works, both for direct playback and recording
* when recording it is the 'digital' channel that controls the volume of the recording level, all others

Notice:
I don't have OSS or pulseaudio installed.

I am thinking it would be really nice if the driver automatically could detect that this option is required.

this is the output from the alsa-info script
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=28b98a3bd1efc6a80dbd5c54b52c4472d8ea5496

let me know if I can do anything to help with this.

Regards.