[alsa-devel] Support two wm8962 codec in i.mx6 board.

Nicolin Chen nicoleotsuka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:55:04 CET 2015

Hi Shawn,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 03:30:49PM +0800, Shawn Embedded wrote:

>     Now there is a wm8962 on the i.mx6 board, running well, and we
> want to add an extra wm8962 to the board, connected to i.mx6 on
> another SSI port through a different i.mx6's AUDMUX port. The two
> wm8962 will work independently completely, at the same time possiblly.

I'm not sure if your requirement is to create another dai-link. But
have you tried to simply add a new device node for the new dai-link?

Supposing two WM8962 chips on one board, there should be two WM8962
nodes hanging to the I2C node with different I2C slave addresses.

So you may need two different dai-link nodes for each of the WM8962
i2c nodes as well. And, of course, you need to specify different SSIs
and different AUDMUX ports for two dai-link nodes.

Then you will get two sound card in the system.

Nicolin