[alsa-devel] snd_usb_audio - siberia elite prism soundcard issues

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:25:09 CET 2015

> The device has 3 inputs as you will see in the picture I attach.
>
> Two analog inputs and 1 digital:
>
> * Analog micro
> * Analog headphones
> * USB input <-- This is how the headphones are plugged to have dolby
surround enabled and some of illuminations settings (the headphones can
have multiple illumination colors, I mention this as means to be able to
identify possible unknown switches the device may have).

Seem two inputs of Mixer Unit are USB streaming (Terminal 1) and
Microphone(Terminal 8),

output is Speaker (Terminal 3) through Feature Unit (UnitID 2) with
"Speaker Playback Volume"

This look like control in MU is "Microphone Playback Switch"

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
bTerminalID 1
wTerminalType 0x0101 USB Streaming

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
bUnitID 2
bSourceID 10

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)
bTerminalID 3
wTerminalType 0x0301 Speaker
bAssocTerminal 0
bSourceID 2

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)
bTerminalID 4
wTerminalType 0x0101 USB Streaming

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 5 (SELECTOR_UNIT)
bUnitID 5
bNrInPins 1
baSource( 0) 6

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
bUnitID 6
bSourceID 7

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
bTerminalID 7
wTerminalType 0x0201 Microphone

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)
bTerminalID 8
wTerminalType 0x0201 Microphone

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 6 (FEATURE_UNIT)
bUnitID 9
bSourceID 8

bDescriptorType 36
bDescriptorSubtype 4 (MIXER_UNIT) Warning: Descriptor too short
bUnitID 10
bNrInPins 2
baSourceID( 0) 9
baSourceID( 1) 1