[alsa-devel] ti, codec property in sound/soc/omap/omap-twl4030.c not used

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 23:12:25 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm looking at sources for omap-twl4030.c driver which is used by many
boards. In DT bindings documentation is property ti,codec described as
mandatory but it's never parsed in driver code. I did small experiment
in gta04 board and remove ti,codec from devicetree and sound was
working. I think it can be removed from documentation and also from
various device trees. Is my assumption correct? Thanks.

BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible