[alsa-devel] dummy codec + simple card combination

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:35:46 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to add audio support for gta04 (for gsm + bt and fm audio).
All audio sources are clock masters so basically connection is dummy
codecs -> cpu dai (mcbsp ports).

For implementing such thing I can see 2 options:
1. simple card driver which can easily describe cpu dai interface but
dummy codec cannot because there are no DT bindings (there was sever
attempts to add DT bindings for dummy-codec but AFAIK none was
accepted)

This turns it to only solution to create gta04 soundcard which will
get from DT cpu dai links and use in card driver dummy codecs
directly.

Is my assumption correct? I would like to get some feedback before
wasting my time with implementing something which cannot be pushed
mainline. Thanks for all suggestions.

BR,

marek

--