[alsa-devel] Issues w/ Creative Labs [SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio] CA0110-IBG

Alnie memobook80 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 10:01:32 CET 2015

On 03/04/2015 12:00 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:12:31 -0800,
> Alnie wrote:
>>
>>> My suggestion isn't about a compile option but that you add some debug
>>> printk() calls manually around some codes.  We need to know the value
>>> written and read by azx_write*() and azx_read*() calls.  Especially
>>> the value read in pci_azx_read*() is more interesting. You can try to
>>> modify sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c and add a printk() to each
>>> pci_azx_read*() function for printing the value to be returned.
>>> Beware that this will likely flood many messages, so just try once.
>>>

>>> Takashi
>>>

>> I can not find any reference to pci_azx_read in hda_intel.c
>
> You must be using a too old kernel, then.  Please use the latest
> kernel for debugging.
>

> Takashi

Ok. I now have latest kernel.

Here is a small portion...

/* PCI register access. */
static void pci_azx_writel(u32 value, u32 __iomem *addr)
{
	writel(value, addr);
}

static u32 pci_azx_readl(u32 __iomem *addr)
{
	return readl(addr);
}

Can you show me how I can properly place printk without breaking things
and produce relevant messages?

-Alnie