[alsa-devel] Intel HDA / ALC662 analog surround problem

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Mar 3 16:24:21 CET 2015

Raymond,

>> Now I'm getting the favored config:
>>
>> ==> Best config: lo_type=0, wired=0, mio=1
>> multi_outs = 14/0/0/0 : 2/3/4/0 (type LO)
>> multi_ios(2) = 1a/18 : 3/4
>> hp_outs = 1b/0/0/0 : 2/0/0/0
>> spk_outs = 15/0/0/0 : 0/0/0/0

> How do the driver know the volume control at node 0x02 is shared by hp,
> line out and speaker when your spk_outs path not contain node 0x02

It probably doesn't know. I suppose I'm losing the speaker (which isn't
connected nor used by me anyway).

On the other hand I'm getting a real Master as well as a Headphone switch,
Front, Surround, Center and LFE controls, and the channel mode. Everything's
working just great!

> BTW do the driver need to disable independent headphone after your
> change ?

I have only a headphone mute switch, no headphone volume control, if that's
what you mean. But since the master affects headphone volume, that's OK.

> Do alc662 support 4+2 or NOT ?

What do you mean exactly? I have 6 channel output.

>> By the way, there is one thing I still don't understand. [...]
>> "PCM Playback Volume" control in alsamixer.

> It is a softvol plugin in HDA-Intel.conf which is needed for those alc660
> codecs which have no hardware volume control

Thanks a lot. I'm understanding every single control now.

Ingo