[alsa-devel] Intel SST on a Bay Trail tablet

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Tue Mar 3 15:16:21 CET 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:39:13 +0100
Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the Intel SST driver working on a Teclast X98 Air 3G
> [1], it's a Bay Trail tablet. The tests below have been made with
> 4.0.0-rc1 and the firmware files from
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/intel

Hi, has anyone had a chance to take a look at my previous message?

[...]
> Last question, what is the difference between having the device detected
> by sound/soc/intel/sst-acpi.c (like in my case) opposed to
> sound/soc/intel/sst/sst_acpi.c? I can see the 80860F28 id in both the
> files but they seem to load different firmwares.

Another thing I noticed is that the Android driver for the rt5640 codec
defines some controls which are not in the mainline driver:

  OUT MIXR BST3 Switch
  OUT MIXL BST3 Switch
  RECMIXR BST3 Switch
  RECMIXL BST3 Switch
  IN1 Mode Control
  IN2 Mode Control

I tried to add these copying from some Android kernel found on-line[1]
and set the value to the ones used on Android but they don't seem to
make a difference.

> Any idea of what is missing?
> It's the DSDT which still needs adjusting, or are some changes needed
> (also) in the kernel driver?

Thanks,
   Antonio

[1] https://github.com/ZenfoneArea/android_kernel_asus_zenfone5