[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 00:09:28 CEST 2015

> > Do you mean hdajackretask cannot shutdown pulseaudio or you still have
other
> > applicaion using the sound card which prevent dynamic reconfiguration of
> > snd-hda-intel ?
> >
> I was testing using a browser on a youtube video. When I apply the
> changes, I lose the sound (pulseaudio gets killed), that message
> appears and I have to refresh the page to get sound again - but
> nothing changes.
>

> > Can you post the output of alsa-info.sh after you patched the line out
jacks
> > ?
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=82a057b76a781edb53217b2cc096bce35459ab0a
>
> > Which node is the headphone spdif combo jack ?
> >
> Using hdajacksensetest I found out the mapping:
> SPDIF port (jack 1): Pin 0x16 (Green Line Out, Rear side)
> jack 2: Pin 0x18 (Green Line Out, Rear side)
> jack 3: Pin 0x15 (Green Line Out, Rear side)
>
> > Do both headphone jacks have headphone , headset  or line out icon ?
> You can see the icons here [0] at page 20

Are you sure that those icons and jacks order matched with your notebook ?

The user guide seem not specific to g751jm

3) the icon is a line out symbol, arrow point out of the circles but the
description is audio input jack (i.e. line in) which does not match with
the specification

Neither specification nor user manual mention the support of surround 5.1

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G751JM/0409_E9481.pdf?_ga=1.206896403.1230956712.1434110719