[alsa-devel] writing an alsa driver

Juergen Bausa Juergen.Bausa at online.de
Thu Jun 4 19:44:19 CEST 2015

Liam Girdwood <liam.r.girdwood <at> linux.intel.com> writes:

> > and the sound card showed up.  So I tried to play a bit with alsamixer
> > and got
> > some cracking noise.
> >

> The speakers are probably being over powered so best to make sure with
> alsamixer that all the gains are low or muted and all unused
> inputs/outputs are muted or off before playing any audio. You can then
> gradually increase the volume to the desired level.

Just found this thread. Really nice to hear, that some peaople are working
on this and that there is some progress (hope you didn't kill your soundchip).
I also have the x205 and really apreciate that you guys are putting
so much effort on it. Realy would like to help, but I have no knowledge
on sound or kernel programming.

Juergen