[alsa-devel] Intel Baytrail Linux Audio

Tyler Yeomans tyeo098 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:32:17 CEST 2015

Antonio,

Hmm...
I have been running the driver like so:
(from sound/soc/intel/common/sst-acpi.c)
static struct sst_acpi_desc sst_acpi_baytrail_desc = {
     .drv_name = "baytrail-pcm-audio",
     .machines = baytrail_machines,
     .resindex_lpe_base = 0,
     .resindex_pcicfg_base = 1,
     .resindex_fw_base = 2,
*    .irqindex_host_ipc = 0,*
     .sst_id = SST_DEV_ID_BYT,
     .resindex_dma_base = -1,
};

Which is what the patch at
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=155341 says to do.

However I also noticed in this file that its looking for the wrong
firmware:
static struct sst_acpi_mach baytrail_machines[] = {
*{ "10EC5640", "byt-rt5640", "intel/fw_sst_0f28.bin-48kHz_i2s_master" },*
     { "193C9890", "byt-max98090",
"intel/fw_sst_0f28.bin-48kHz_i2s_master" },
     {}
};

Which will not point to the SSP0 firmware uploaded by Vinod.

Thanks-

Tyler