[alsa-devel] DSD over HDMI: audio data packetization

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 04:10:58 CET 2015

Anssi, Libin,

Thanks for your help.

After a little bit of research, I do think it is possible to stream DSD
over HDMI (the mechanism is as Anssi mentioned, similar way as HBR).

Please see HDA spec:
3.7.1 Stream Format Structure
(If the TYPE is set to Non-PCM, the controller just pushes data over the
link and is not concerned
with formatting. The base rate, data type, and number of Words (MULT) to
send each valid frame
are specified to control the rate at which the non-PCM data is sent.)

7.3.3.8 Converter Format

What do you think? In order to implement this similiar mechanism
(similar to HBR), I still have some detailed questions that I will write
in another email. Thanks.