[alsa-devel] simle-card DT style for DPCM

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:17:52 CEST 2014

Hi Mark

> > -- use DPCM for multi DAI --
> > sound {
> > 	compatible = "simple-audio-card";
> >
> > 	simple-audio-card,dai-link {
> > 		cpu at 0 {
> > 		};
> > 		cpu at 1 {
> > 		};
> > 		codec at 1 {
> > 		};
> > 	}
>
> I think here what I'd expect to see is only one CPU DAI specified for
> the back end link in the CPU that is actually linked to the CODEC and
> the front ends being worked out by the drivers, unless there are systems
> where the set of front ends can be configured at system build time (as
> opposed to from software at runtime) somehow.

I still confusing about this
Is this mean "simple-card indicates BE side only,
FE should be created by driver somehow/automatically" ?
 -> how to specify/know FE side information ??

I don't think above (2 cpu + 1 codec) is not bad style
from DT point of view.
"configured at system build time" can be below ?

------------------
sound {
	compatible = "simple-audio-card";

	dai_link: simple-audio-card,dai-link {