[alsa-devel] Fwd: USB MIDI Specification Update Proposal

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Jul 21 10:17:34 CEST 2014

David Henningsson wrote:
> Forwarding this in case anyone is interested in influencing this
> standard somehow

MMA membership is available only for commercial entities, and begins
at $500/year.

> to make sure they don't do anything problematic for us...?

As long as they call the new version "1.1", it should be compatible.

>>   * Additional Device Attributes
>>   * Bandwidth Descriptors
>>   * Add Interrupt Mode
>>   * Transfer Non-MIDI Data / Meta Event
>>   * Product Identification (Logos)
>
> Are we interested?

Not really.  As far as I can see, none of that it something that the
driver would really care about (except for interrupt mode, which is
a Roland extension already supported by Linux).

Regards,
Clemens