[alsa-devel] Regression caused by "ASoC: core: Rework SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV add SOC_SINGLE_SX_TLV"

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 30 17:56:58 CET 2014

Dear Brian Austin,

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:37:44 -0600, Brian Austin wrote:

> > I have an L73 just up now and will check those register values and get back
> > to you real soon.
>
> So with v3.12 with the CS42L73 I can use SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV and adjust
> the gain correctly and the register settings are reflected correctly as
> well when I do an i2cdump of the device. Let me hunt down an L51 CDB and
> see what is going on with that device.

I've tried again, and I confirm the problem. When the PCM is muted, I
can only toggle it between the values 62 and 64. When the PCM is
unmuted, I can only toggle it between the values 60 and 61.

The ugly attached patch fixes the problem for me (the patch is a
partial revert of your patch).

Thanks!

Thomas
--