[alsa-devel] Regression caused by "ASoC: core: Rework SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV add SOC_SINGLE_SX_TLV"

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 30 16:05:54 CET 2014

Dear Brian Austin,

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:59:44 -0600, Brian Austin wrote:

> That is odd. My other devices that use this don't show that behavior, I
> will check on a different device, but I will see if I can get an L51
> today. So your saying the L51 for PCMA/B Mixer Volume COntrol, you can
> only select 2 values in the whole range?

Yes, absolutely. Not only for the PCMA/B Mixer Volume Control but also
for the two other volume controls that were modified by your commit.
I'll try to get back to your commit (without my revert) to verify once
again my claims.

> > Therefore, I believe that the commit has a problem. I haven't yet
> > investigated where the problem is, maybe just the values passed to
> > SOC_DOUBLE_R_SX_TLV(), or maybe in the implementation of the volume
> > control functions themselves. I can certainly start investigating, but
> > maybe the author of the commit will immediately realize where the
> > problem could be.
>
> I do see however that the MAX value is not correct and should be 0x80
> instead of 0x7F. Off by 1...

Hum, ok, but I don't believe this should affect the range of values
that alsamixer sees, but only the fact that you're not using the full
range of volumes available at the codec level, right?

> I'll investigate today.

Thanks!

Thomas
--