[alsa-devel] [ISSUE] rtl8192ce appears to interfere with ALSA playback

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Thu Jan 23 17:50:56 CET 2014

> But you passed --buffer-size and --period-size options.

only to have the same params with hw:0,0 that I am giving with the dmix setup to reproduce the underruns. Otherwise the numbers below are what I have by letting aplay pick them for me by varying only the device.

I have done a lot of experiments with mildly complex alsa setup during the past holiday [1] to understand that ALSA may come up with different params for different setups but the choosen 16 periods value is puzzling me...

1.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2013-December/070561.html

> > and I think that usually periods_num ~= buffer_time/period_time or
> buffer_size/period_size
> >
> > aplay -Dhw:0,0 sine_48000.wav
> >
> > I have:
> >
> >   buffer_size  : 24000
> >   period_size  : 6000
> >   period_time  : 125000
> >
> > but with the default dmix setup: aplay -v sine_48000.wav:
> >
> >   buffer_size  : 16384
> >   period_size  : 1024
> >   period_time  : 21333
>
> As already mentioned, dmix has the fixed setup for its slave PCM.
> See src/conf/pcm/dmix.conf.
>

> Takashi

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.