[alsa-devel] External sound card issue

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 14:01:23 CET 2014

2014/1/20 Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>

> Ionica Bizau wrote:
> > I have just bought an external sound card: Asus Xonar U7
> >
> >     cannot load mixer controls: Broken pipe
>
> This looks like a bug in the device's firmware.
>
> Can you at least read the list of controls ("amixer -c1 controls")?
> Are there some controls that you are able to access (try
> "amixer -c1 cget name='xxx'" for each one)?

alsactl store -f abc.txt
alsactl: get_control:256: Cannot read control '2,0,0,PCM Capture Source,0':
Broken

[ 398.119996] cannot get ctl value: req = 0x81, wValue = 0x0, wIndex =
0x1400, type = 3

seem fail to read the capture source control

state.Device {
 control.1 {
  iface PCM
  name 'Playback Channel Map'