[alsa-devel] Sample program for hwdep interface

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sun Jan 12 16:26:19 CET 2014

Hi Stefan,

 > another alternative would be to implement sharing/multiplexing of the
 > EFC response address range in firewire-core, like it is implemented
 > for FCP_COMMAND and FCP_RESPONSE.  Not sure if it is wise to share
 > nonstandard address ranges though.

Currently I'm considering to use AV/C-command-based EFC in kernel-land.
Fireworks has a face of GenericAVC and commands with issue may be
replaced with some AV/C commands for a few purposes (but I have never
checked my idea).

I need more time for this issue.

And, just from my curiosity, is your solution allowed by related
specifications such as OHCI1394 or IEEE1394? I have a little
knowledgement about these specification.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp