[alsa-devel] mx6: Audio does not work on linux-next 20140107

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:29:48 CET 2014

Hi Lars-Peter,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars at metafoo.de> wrote:

> We've had similar problems like this before. Typically this is caused by the
> dmaengine driver calling the complete callback when it shouldn't. E.g. after
> dmaegine_terminate_all() has already been called for the channel. There is
> also unfortunately a small chance condition (which needs some extensions to
> the dmaengine API before we can fix it). But the chance for this race
> condition to occur is really small and has only been observed on a 4 (or 8,
> not sure) core system so far. Is the problem reproducible in your case? Also

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I get this issue on a mx6 quad all the
time running linux-next, but not on a mx6solo.

> do you have a know good kernel version?

Tried it on 3.13-rc7 and it works fine.

Nicolin,

On linux-next I am no longer able to play audio without the sdma
firmware (ok, maybe we should handle this topic on another thread).

Regards,

Fabio Estevam