[alsa-devel] CA0132 Issues with Alienware

Antonio Vázquez Blanco antoniovazquezblanco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 20:28:34 CET 2014

Dear Alsa developing members,

I'm sorry to contact you via this mailing list even if I don't know if it
used for this, but I felt I had no other option when after various attempts
I saw the bug tracker was down and various members of the project didn't
answer my emails.

My computer has three jack ports on one side (Microphone, headphone and
earphones). The problem is that Alsa currently doesn't have jack detection
on earphones jack plug, so I'm stuck with using only left audio on the
headphone jack.
I would really like to be able to use earphones plug which in my hardware
is node 0x0f. Although I know C programming I don't have the knowledge to
do this myself.

Thanks in advance.

Your sincerely,
Antonio Vázquez Blanco.

--
If comunications require exchange of sensible data, please consider using my
PGP public key<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Vql7Olv4LMVlrVlJNMkVjUUU/edit?usp=sharing>for

Si la comunicación requiere el intercambio de información sensible, por
favor, considere usar mi clave PGP
pública<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Vql7Olv4LMVlrVlJNMkVjUUU/edit?usp=sharing>para
encriptar los datos.