[alsa-devel] A minimal playback program does't work on my system

Michael Trimarchi michael at amarulasolutions.com
Sat Aug 16 13:50:03 CEST 2014

Hi

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Michael Trimarchi
<michael at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Il 15/ago/2014 19:20 "Carpon frédéric" <frederic.carpon at yahoo.fr> ha
> scritto:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Yesterday i have written.
>> I answer to everybody. I am new and I don't know if there is special rule.
>> Note : It would be good to have a forum to see the messages and answers in
>> a pretty form.
>>
>> the programme in c comes from
>>
>> http://equalarea.com/paul/alsa-audio.html
>> you can download it at
>> https://mon-partage.fr/f/uvyw39wo/
>>
>> To answer to Michael i have sound in my HDMI with that :
>> >speaker-test -c2 -D hw:0,0
>>
>> so i did that
>> >gcc -o    minimal_playback     minimal_playback.c     -lasound (warning
>> > comes)
>> and
>> >./minimal_playback "plughw:0,0"
>> and i have this result :
>> >Error of segmentation

if ((err = snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near (playback_handle,
hw_params, 44100, 0)) < 0) {
fprintf (stderr, "cannot set sample rate (%s)\n",
snd_strerror (err));
exit (1);
}

>> Where i can an exemple with the possibility to do something like that  :
>> >./minimal_playback  "plughw:0,0"  "mywave.wav"
>>

> aplay source code
>
> I ask to test your small program on PC. Now I don't know about segmentation
> fault and I'm answering using mobile now. I will check tomorrow
>
> Michael
>

>> Thank you for your help

| Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi                     Amarula Solutions BV |
| COO  -  Founder                                      Cruquiuskade 47 |
| +31(0)851119172                                 Amsterdam 1018 AM NL |
|                  [`as] http://www.amarulasolutions.com               |