[alsa-devel] A minimal playback program does't work on my system

Carpon frédéric frederic.carpon at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 15 19:19:43 CEST 2014

Hello,

Yesterday i have written.
I answer to everybody. I am new and I don't know if there is special rule.
Note : It would be good to have a forum to see the messages and answers in a pretty form.

the programme in c comes from

http://equalarea.com/paul/alsa-audio.html
you can download it at
https://mon-partage.fr/f/uvyw39wo/

To answer to Michael i have sound in my HDMI with that :
>speaker-test -c2 -D hw:0,0

so i did that
>gcc -o    minimal_playback     minimal_playback.c     -lasound (warning comes)
and
>./minimal_playback "plughw:0,0"
and i have this result :
>Error of segmentation

Where i can an exemple with the possibility to do something like that  :
>./minimal_playback  "plughw:0,0"  "mywave.wav"

Thank you for your help