[alsa-devel] [v4 02/12] ASoC: Intel: mrfld: set private data for cpu-dai

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Aug 13 21:45:31 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 03:15:53PM +0530, Subhransu S. Prusty wrote:

> We set the driver private data for media dai so that we can use in media
> operations

This is another one where making the changelog clearer - as far as I can
tell what this is actually doing is moving the existing private data
from being per platform to being per DAI.  That actually seems OK and I
would've applied this but it looks like it depends on patch 1.

This lack of clarity is a frequent issue with both of these DSP
serieses, it's really slowing down review since they're quite big and
hard to read.

> +static int sst_media_dai_probe(struct snd_soc_dai *cpu_dai)
> +{
> +	struct sst_data *sst = dev_get_drvdata(cpu_dai->dev);
> +
> +	snd_soc_dai_set_drvdata(cpu_dai, sst);
> +	return 0;
> +}
>  static struct snd_soc_dai_driver sst_platform_dai[] = {

Missing blank line here - this is a frequent issue with this code.