[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for v3.17

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 4 18:37:34 CEST 2014

At Mon, 4 Aug 2014 17:17:50 +0100,
Mark Brown wrote:

> The following changes since commit 19583ca584d6f574384e17fe7613dfaeadcdc4a6:
>
>   Linux 3.16 (2014-08-03 15:25:02 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git tags/asoc-v3.17
>
> for you to fetch changes up to ae34a78c430c37c06404f032fb04e51315204281:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'asoc/topic/wm8985' into asoc-next (2014-08-04 16:32:25 +0100)

> ASoC: Updates for v3.17
>
> This has been a pretty exciting release in terms of the framework, we've
> finally got support for multiple CODECs attached to a single DAI link
> which has been something there's been interest in as long as I've been
> working on ASoC.  A big thanks to Benoit and Misael for their work on
> this.
>
> Otherwise it's been a fairly standard release for development, including
> more componentisation work from Lars-Peter and a good selection of both
> CODEC and CPU drivers.
>
>  - Support for multiple CODECs attached to a single DAI, enabling
>    systems with for example multiple DAC/speaker drivers on a single
>    link, contributed by Benoit Cousson based on work from Misael Lopez
>    Cruz.
>  - Support for byte controls larger than 256 bytes based on the use of
>    TLVs contributed by Omair Mohammed Abdullah.
>  - More componentisation work from Lars-Peter Clausen.
>  - The remainder of the conversions of CODEC drivers to params_width()
>  - Drivers for Cirrus Logic CS4265, Freescale i.MX ASRC blocks, Realtek
>    RT286 and RT5670, Rockchip RK3xxx I2S controllers and Texas Instruments
>    TAS2552.
>  - Lots of updates and fixes, especially to the DaVinci, Intel,
>    Freescale, Realtek, and rcar drivers.

Thanks, pulled now.  The only build regression I've seen is the
warning:

sound/soc/soc-dapm.c: In function ‘snd_soc_dapm_get_enum_double’:
sound/soc/soc-dapm.c:2862:15: warning: ‘reg_val’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

I guess it came from the recent Lars' change.
It just gives the garbage value and shouldn't be serious, but it'd be
better to be fixed in anyways.