[alsa-devel] no sound on Haswell Lenovo T440s with 3.12-rc5

John Twideldum twideldums_throwaway at gmx.at
Tue Oct 22 11:54:59 CEST 2013

Hi all...

There is a shiny new Lenovo T440s on my desk, which is a Haswell generation Ultrabook.

Configuration dump running 3.12-rc5:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2eec0890ae63625c1b47a7e7cbcbb1722c8c5080

Symptoms:
I have console beep, but no sound.
Specifically,
a) it appears "Intel Haswell HDMI" on displayport appears to be picked as default output,
b) alternative output 2 "HDA Intel PCH/Realtek ALC292" has no PCM control.

So my wild guess would be
a) PCH needs to be default and
b) the PCM controls are missing due to a bug

Is there a patch already queued for 3.13?

If not - willing to test, but may take some time as I'm travelling...

Thank you!