[alsa-devel] Audio Miniconference 2013 schedule - Edinburgh 21st October

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at intel.com
Fri Oct 4 12:32:23 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 12:04 +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On 03.10.2013 20:17, Mark Brown wrote:
> > The audio mini-summit in Edinburgh is now less than a month away so
> > it seems like a good time to start pulling together a schedule.
> > Looking at the topics people mentioned when filling out the
> > registration form there were three major topics that people wanted
> > to cover:
> >
> > - Compressed audio review: tinycompress, integration into
> > userspace, driver upstreaming.
> >
> > - UCM and other use case management status & review.
> >
> > - Effects offload to DSPs with dynamically instantiatable
> > algorithms, and general dynamic DSP firmware handling.
>
> - The status of DPCM and where we want to go with it. I think that's a
> very interesting and important yet fairly undocumented feature that
> not even the original authors seem to fully understand anymore ;)

Fwiw, I've posted some recent patches to ASoC docs that include DPCM
amongst other updates :) I'll also bring along some DPCM slides for
Edinburgh too.

DSP FW handling and effects are important topics for me this year. I do
have some patches for FW handling that have mostly been updated from the
initial alsa-devel patch review (sadly from last December when I was at
TI) and I plan to send for review V2 when HSW DSP driver is upstream.

Liam

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47