[alsa-devel] Please backport "ALSA: hda - Move one-time init codes from generic_hdmi_init" to 3.4/3.5

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Nov 12 13:33:11 CET 2013

Hi,

This is a real oldie, but better late than never.

A while back, I discovered that this patch would help against a kernel
panic when "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec0" was executed on this machine,
which was running an fglrx driver.

I asked for a stable backport, but Takashi wanted testing to make sure
this was actually fixed by the patch [1]. And now, several months later,
I have this confirmation [2].

The test was conducted on an 3.5 Ubuntu kernel, based on the 3.5
extended stable tree, but would apply equally well to 3.4.

I'm attaching the backported patch - it applied cleanly, I've just added
an extra section with an explanation.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic