[alsa-devel] Microphones not working on Apple macbook Air 1, 1 (Early 2008) under 3.2.0-55-generic-pae Linux

Nicolo' nicolopiazzalunga at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:34:25 CET 2013

Hello List,

from time to time I spend time on this problem. (Of course, it is not
related to muting or capturing in alsamixer, or pulseaudio stuff, since
that was already tried.)

I can't get the mics to work, neither the internal one nor the external;
note that the same jack works both for HP and ext MIC, I think it's called
TRRS, and it's the same as the one used e.g. on iphones.

I tried also with more recent kernels, and playing with hda-jack-retask,
but with no success up to now.

alsa script result at https://www.dropbox.com/l/HHLkdCW4Shcak8gq2rBSY8

A curious fact, I found this alsa script result
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=3ca8243c0626844f0264a3faad0aa72018bc14f4from
a guy running Arch on the same machine, where actually some Mic
appears in codec#0: do you think it is relevant?

Thanks and best,
Nicolo'