[alsa-devel] firewire-kernel-streaming branch into main kernel tree?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Tue Mar 19 15:34:35 CET 2013

Rolf Anderegg wrote:
> I have been meaning to ask you for some time now whether you
> have any interest in merging this firewire-kernel-streaming branch into
> the main kernel tree (at least as an experimental option, mind you), or
> are there any major objections?

I planned to add capture support before the merge, and it's only the
lack of time that has prevented progress.

>  * have you received any other (negative/positive) feedback from
> snd_dice users?

Quite positive, especially from users of playback-only devices where
FFADO does not work.

For those devices, merging would make sense now.  So would you be happy
if I merged the driver in its current form, except being restricted to
all/some(?) Weiss devices?

Regards,
Clemens