[alsa-devel] Some information about UsbPre2 UAC2 support

shal at free.fr shal at free.fr
Mon Jan 28 14:48:16 CET 2013

----- Mail original -----

The scenario is :
- I used a standard kernel (with 64 as get_descriptor buffer size)
- I connect the sound card
- the sound card recognize the OS as a Windows and sends a UAC1 only configuration and keep this state for all get_configuration
- I reboot with modified kernel (with 65 as get_descriptor buffer size)
- The sound card already provides a UAC1 only configuration
- I plug/unplug the sound card (the UbsPre2 is usb powered)
- Now the sound card provides a UAC1+UAC2 configuration

> > A usb_reset() can be helpful, perhaps?
>
> Perhaps.

=> I will try this :
- standard usb core driver (revert my ugly patch on huc.c and generic.c)
- in the usb audio I will add a quirk for the vendor/product ID of my sound card
- I performed a usb_reset()
- I performed a get_descriptor using a usb_control() with 65 as buffer size
- I choose the 2nd configuration descriptor

There is any chance that it works ?

> > Perhaps, we can do the same thing that the ASIO driver.
>
> That's what I meant with the quirk.  (The first configuration does
> have
> endpoints for high sample rates, but these aren't marked as being
> compatible with either UAC 1 or 2.)

I will ask more information to the Sound Devices developper.

Thank,

best regards,
Olivier