[alsa-devel] Takashi: please help (compiling alsa-driver)

Jonas Petersen jnsptrsn1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:58:37 CET 2013

Hi Takashi,

I'm talking to you directly because this

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz

is the only alsa-driver source that I'm able to compile so far. I can unpack this and simply run ./configure && make && make install. It works great. (I compile against the kernel-headers from ubuntu).

I spent hours in trying to compile from several other sources.

* The plain1.0.25 release (complains about missing symbols).
* The snapshots fromhttp://www.alsa-project.org/snapshot/  (will complain about missing 'uapi' stuff)
* Btw. where did the snapshots fromhttp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/alsa/  go (Advertised here:http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Download)?
* Checked out alsa-driver from git. But no luck, tried many things. e.g.: Branch release, then autoconf, but not even ./configure succeeds.

Id like to submit some patches and be able to work with the current state from git. How is that supposed to work?

Btw. I often read that the alsa-kernel is needed to compile. But it is not neede with this above mentioned 'unstable-snapshot'. It will just compile against the ubuntu kernel-headers (Lubuntu 12.10).

How do you generate these snapshots?

Thanks and sorry if that's stupid questions..
Jonas