[alsa-devel] ALSA - No sound on MBA2,1

Bruno Prémont bonbons at linux-vserver.org
Wed Dec 4 15:08:40 CET 2013

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 13:59:19 +0100 Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:42:09 +0100, Bruno Prémont wrote:
> > A rather borderline question/observation:
> > When plugging in headphone and the jack is configured as headphone
> > built-in speaker gets muted (seems reasonable default, hardware
> > triggered).
> > Is it possible to have that auto-muting reported in mixer and possibly
> > overridden via mixer if wanted (possibly via
> > mute-speaker-if-headphone-plugged option)?
>
> You can turn off the auto-mute behavior via "Auto-Mute Mode" mixer
> enum.  The Headphone and Speaker volume/mute can be still controlled
> manually.  And the jack status can be delivered/read via "Headphone
> Jack" control.

Oh, I mis-understood the "Auto-Mute Mode" mixer enum as idle-related
thing. Trying it out, it works :)

I've not found the "Headphone Jack" control status within alsamixer
though I found it using amixer.
If alsamixer does not provide the information it would be a nice
feature to add reporting state of such controls.
If the information is already available I have not found it.

Thanks for the pointers and your support!

Bruno