[alsa-devel] Constant noise on HDA ALC275

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Sep 21 15:14:35 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 21 2012, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> But my question was: if you plug to an external mic jack and leave the
> headphone jack, the speaker noise is still there, right?

Oh. If I understand correctly you're talking about 2 jacks, but there's
only one jack on this laptop, doing both mic and speaker.

> Turning EAPD on/off on node 0x14 makes difference?

Yes, turning it off makes the noise disappear. But I can't hear
anything, e.g. playing music makes no sound unless I turn it back on. :)

(note that this may be obvious to you, but I don't understand what's
EAPD on 0x14 so I'm just explaining what I hear ;-)

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker & freelance