[alsa-devel] Can't connect to MIDI output of Edirol UA-1000

Colin Fletcher colin.m.fletcher at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:34:35 CET 2012

On 15/11/12 14:14, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Colin Fletcher wrote:
>> With kernel 2.6.38.8, aconnect can connect to the MIDI out of my
>> UA-1000; with 2.6.39, it fails, so it seems likely that it is the same
>> bug.
>
> It's the same bug, caused by this patch: http://git.kernel.org/linus/88a8516a2128
>
> Fix coming soon.

It's great to hear you know the cause of this. Thank you very much!

Armed with that information, I've found that replacing '#ifdef
CONFIG_PM' with '#if 0' and commenting out calls to
usb_autopm_{get|put}_interface() inside sound/usb/ gets me a working
MIDI out on kernel 3.4.18 for now, which makes me happy.

If there's a proper patch I can usefully test, I'd be very glad to know
about it.

Thank you.

Colin.