[alsa-devel] HDA intel, wired headset w/mic, jack mic detect

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:10:04 CET 2012

2012/3/3, Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com>:
> Raymond Yau <superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Yes.  It's TRRS.
>>
>> Does it mean that the headset/mic is a mono mic ?
>>
>> Is the internal mic mono or stereo ?
>
> I believe it's mono.  Based on vumeter activity, and the fact that
> changing only one slider in hda_analyzer is needed to quiet/mute the
> mic.

Not sure any difference between cs4206 and cs4207

It seem that you can select ADC1 and ADC2 channel mode in cs4207

‘00’b - ADC2 left channel is mapped to HDA left
channel and ADC2 right channel is mapped HDA
right channel (normal mode).
‘01’b - ADC2 left channel is mapped to both HDA
left and right channels. ADC2 right channel is
discarded (mono mode).
‘10’b - ADC2 right channel is mapped to both
HDA left and right channels. ADC2 left channel is
discarded (alternate mono mode).
‘11’b - ADC2 left channel is mapped to HDA right
channel and ADC2 right channel is mapped to
HDA left channel (channel swap mode).