[alsa-devel] Audiotrak Maya U5 mixer

Lollul lollul at wp.pl
Mon Jul 23 17:14:26 CEST 2012

Hello,
I'm using an Audiotrak Maya U5 USB card. As far as I can tell it is
based on VIA EnvyUSB VT1728A chip. Running on fresh 3.5-rc7 or an old
2.6.32.27 (on openwrt) kernel I have similar problems with the mixer:
1.
The controls PCM and PCM 1 are stuck on lowest level. It can play mp3s
fine so I guess PCM is initialized somehow on proper levels but I would
expect there should be a way to control PCM volume (other than by
controlling Speaker volume).
2.
I'm unable to achieve a 'loop' between SPDIF input and the Speakers. It
works fine with Line-In. But with SPDIF input I have to either use
"arecord | aplay" or alsaloop. Since Windows7 is able to turn on
'Listen' mode on SPDIF input on standard drivers I hope hardware can do
it but somehow there is no control for this in alsamixer.

alsa-info output available at: http://pastebin.ca/2173999 (this is with
with laptop's hda modules removed)
(Latest Audiotrak firmware was installed)

Many Thanks,
Rafal