[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 3.4

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jan 25 10:14:42 CET 2012

At Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:46:16 +0000,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:33:47PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Yeah, my git is still 1.7.8.x and it doesn't seem to work well with
>
> Oh, well.  I think it's the tag rather than the signed bit.

I'm not entirely sure who to blame.  The error message is:

  % git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git asoc-3.3-20120124
  fatal: Couldn't find remote ref asoc-3.3-20120124

> > the singed tag, so I pulled for-3.x branches now.
>
> Trust me, you don't want to hear my singing :)

Heh, it's an interesting idea to embed an MP3 data in the tag comment :)

> > I'm going to upgrade in this week sometime later.
>
> I wouldn't worry, it's still not a full release I believe and it's not
> exactly crtitical.  The only reason I'm trying it right now is because
> I was setting up my new GPG smartcard Debian has packages already (but
> do let me know when you have upgraded and I'll try again).
>
> Actually, looking again I can generate a tag with the same name as the
> branch quite happily - if I do that when requesting pulls then
> everything should transparently do the right thing, older versions of
> git will pick up the branch rather than the tag and newer ones will
> prefer the tag and so get the signature goodness.  He said hopefully :)

Sounds like a good solution.

thanks,