[alsa-devel] 1ca3d59d5a3e762fb1c002bcd912914bc858b430 broke passthrough [Was: Re: ALSA 1.0.25 broke AC3 passthrough?]

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 15 04:58:37 CET 2012

> Is the issue believed to be related to nvidia hdmi only ? I just got
> the report from a user stating that he had issue playing audio on his
> Dell Vostro 200, which is pure intel

This is surprising, the hardware folks at Intel confirmed the rounding
to multiple of 128 bytes is not needed and this patch has been there for
over 6 months now without generating any complaints. Can you get us more
information on that case, and ask this user to see what happens by
enabling this rounding again.
Thanks,
-Pierre