[alsa-devel] Request for help CM109 on arm board

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 23:21:53 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 22:44 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> > ALSA lib timer.c:189:(snd_timer_open_noupdate) Unknown timer hw:CLASS=3,SCLASS=0,CARD=0,DEV=0,SUBDEV=0
>
> > ARM # cat /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
>
> You have deleted alsa-lib's basic device definitions.  Device-specific
> definitions are supposed to go into /usr/share/alsa/cards/.  Your
> definitions look as if they are supposed to go into /etc/asound.conf.

Thanks for the reply.  I've failed to create the basic device
definitions..

I have alsa-lib-1.0.25 cross compiled from source, the libs are
installed and alsa-utils-1.0.25 has been built against it.

The snag is alsaconf seems broken (fails to exec) and as I don't have an
ldd that works with arm i'm a bit bust, everything else in alsa-utils
seems to at least execute ....

Do I need to split the config across files, I only want one device on
this board and i'm limited in space. I have kernel+kernel modules
+busybox+some libs+alsautils partially working and i'm out of flash..

I figured as I need only one device on one board that will never change
I could hand code it, is it a requirement to split the config. This is
destined to be a single task machine.

Thanks,
Jon