[alsa-devel] [patch][saa7134] do not change mute state for capturing audio

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Sat Sep 24 12:57:28 CEST 2011

Em 18-09-2011 12:18, Stas Sergeev escreveu:
> Hi Mauro, I've finally found the time (and an energy)
> to go look into the automute breakage.
> With the attached automute fix I no longer have
> any problems with pulseaudio.
> I also attached the patch that introduces an "std"
> option to limit the scan list, resulting in a faster scan.
> It is completely unrelated to the automute one, it is
> here just in case.
> What do you think?

Please, one patch per email. Patchwork (or any kernel maintainer script)
won't catch more than one patch per email. See:

http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7862/

As those are the two last patches marked as new at patchwork, I've manually
uploaded it as two separate emails, in order to allow me to queue them:
	http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7940/
	http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7941/

With respect to this patch:
http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7941/

I don't see any sense on it. Video standard selection is done by software,
when a standards mask is passed via VIDIOC_S_STD ioctl. Drivers should not
mess it with modprobe hacks.

I'll comment later http://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/7940/. It seems to be
going into the right direction, but I need to take a deeper code inspection
and maybe do some tests here.

Regards,
Mauro