[alsa-devel] Dsnoop-plugin buffer sizes

Magnus Olsson magnus.olsson at axis.com
Mon Mar 14 11:16:43 CET 2011

This output is captured when running periods_min=4.

[root at axis /mnt/flash/root]1335# arecord -v -r 16000 -c1 -Daudiosource0 -fS16_LE /tmp/in.wav
Recording WAVE '/tmp/in.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Mono
Direct Snoop PCM
Its setup is:
  stream       : CAPTURE
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE
  subformat    : STD
  channels     : 1
  rate         : 16000
  exact rate   : 16000 (16000/1)
  msbits       : 16
  buffer_size  : 8000
  period_size  : 2000
  period_time  : 125000
  tstamp_mode  : NONE
  period_step  : 1
  avail_min    : 2000
  period_event : 0
  start_threshold  : 1
  stop_threshold   : 8000
  silence_threshold: 0
  silence_size : 0
  boundary     : 2097152000
Hardware PCM card 0 'X4 AIC3104 Dual' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : CAPTURE
  access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE