[alsa-devel] Can I get audio via HDMI with radeon mobility HD 5400?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:14:27 CEST 2011

If I install the binary ATI catalyst driver, I can get audio
out the HDMI connection, and alsa-info says it is using
the snd-hda-intel driver.

If I use the open source radeon driver, I cannot get audio
out the HDMI connection, yet alsa-info says it is using the
same snd-hda-intel driver.

Does anyone know how to persuade snd-hda-intel to work
with the open source radeon driver? (Because the video
quality is about 1000% better with the open source driver).

With binary catalyst driver, I see this from alsa-info:
http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/zino/catalyst-alsa-info.txt

With open source radeon driver, I see this:
http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/zino/radeon-alsa-info.txt