[alsa-devel] ASoC: Patches for an STA32X and WM8782

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Wed Jun 15 12:00:03 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 09:27:04PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
> I'm sending two patches to support the ST STA32x codec and the WM8782 ADC.
> The code was originally written by Johannes Stezenbach for 2.6.36.
>
> As the ASoC internals changed quite a bit due to the multi-component
> reconstruction, I took care for the code transition to make these drivers
> compatible to more recent versions. If there's anything left to care for
> in these drivers, please let me know.

Thank you very much for doing that work!

In the STA32x driver there are a few controls #if 0'd, and there are
corresponding FIXMEs in sta32x_probe() where the operating mode
and channel mapping is hard coded.  I think the #if 0'd
controls can be deleted, this was the wrong idea.  The mode
configuration should eventually be moved to platform data, but
I thought this work is best left to a possible future second
user of the driver ;-)

Johannes