[alsa-devel] Copy ALSA buffer to the buffer allocated in my driver.

`/ET!-i1S!-i yethish7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:37:37 CEST 2011

Hi everyone.

I'm writing a virtual ALSA driver for a playback device, with the help of
dummy driver available at the linux kernel source code.

I need to manually copy data from the ALSA buffer to my buffer.

I have no idea how to do this, since dummy driver has completely discarded
handling of buffers.

So can anyone please provide a sample code to copy the audio data to the my
buffer allocated in the driver.

Is it ok to use the hrtimer interrupts (which is used in dummy driver) or
mutex / spinlocks for my driver.

Best regards,

cherry