[alsa-devel] ASoC Peek individual register debugfs

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Fri Jul 22 20:52:44 CEST 2011

On 7/22/2011 2:07 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 05:33:07PM -0700, Patrick Lai wrote:
>
>> Does latest soc-core.c provide debugfs interface for peeking individual
>> register? If not, I plan to add this interface.
>
> codec_reg.  This is the sort of question that can easily be answered by
> looking at the code, or a running system.

I checked soc-core.c on Linux next and I do not believe there is such
debugfs interface. Here is the interface proposal.

By default, cat codec_reg prints entire register dump
If someone echo "<register_addr>" > codec_reg before running
cat codec_reg, only register address and value of given register
would be printed. Afterward, state gets reset. Entire register dump gets
printed if user cat codec_reg again

Please let me know if the proposal is not appropriate. Otherwise,
I will start implementation going by proposed interface.

Thanks
Patrick