[alsa-devel] [patch][saa7134] do not change mute state for capturing audio

Stas Sergeev stsp at list.ru
Wed Jul 20 12:55:01 CEST 2011

20.07.2011 14:48, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Well, until you explain the exact breakage of my proposal,
>> I won't trust this. :)
> I've said already: mplayer for example relies on such behavior to work. Reverting
> it breaks mplayer. This is enough for me to NACK your patch.
What you said, was:
---
Some applications like mplayer don't use V4L2_CID_AUDIO_MUTE to unmute a
video
device. They assume the current behavior that starting video also
unmutes audio.
---
"starting video also unmutes audio" is what my patch
_does not touch_! And that certainly happens not even
in the alsa driver, but somewhere in the v4l2 code.

So, please please please, could you actually precisely
explain how exactly mplayer breaks with my patch?
That's the only thing I need! :))