[alsa-devel] model needed for Clevo P150HM (Realtek ALC892)

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:42:55 CEST 2011

W dniu 18.07.2011 14:16, Takashi Iwai pisze:
> At Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:42:50 +0200,
> Julian Sikorski wrote:
>>
>> W dniu 18.07.2011 13:19, Takashi Iwai pisze:

>>> Yes, and note that you can set up the initial pin configurations
>>> dynamically via sysfs, too.
>>
>> I tried, but without much success [2] - I came up with 0x01111xxx, but I
>> do not have enough understanding on what to put as the last 3 numbers.
>
> The last three numbers are pretty important, so check the HD-audio
> specification.

The specification [3] says the last 3 are misc, default association and
sequence. So what I have now:
- misc: not sure here, since 3 out of 4 bits are reserved. 4th one
should be 0 though, since the port has jack sensing functionality.
- default association: 3, as the working jacks have that set to 3
- sequence: since the working lfe has it set to 0 (center/lfe) and f
(surround), I guess any value in between should work.
I am not sure if my reasoning is right though.

>> Moreover, I keep getting this upon trying to apply the new pin
>> configuration:
>> # echo 0x17 0x011111f0>  user_pin_configs
>> # LANG=C pasuspender echo 1>  reconfig
>> echo: write error: Device or resource busy
>
> You should log out, go to linux console, and kill all processes
> accessing the sound devices, then do reconfig.

OK, I will try with 0x17 0x111103b or something like that.

>>> And this is not what I can't reproduce.

>>> First off, double-check whether the CLFE mixer really changes the pin
>>> amp.  At best, take alsa-info.sh output snapshot before and after
>>> changing the mixer state, and compare the files (better give both
>>> files in the mail).
>>
>> Here you go. playing.txt is the state when sound comes out of the
>> spdif/side pin, and the center-lfe-half-volume.txt is when the volume is
>> reduced to 50 % afterwards.
>
> Between playing.txt and cneter-lfe-half-volume.txt, I see no change
> regarding the pin 0x17.  The only difference is the DAC volume of NID
> 0x05.  What am I missing?

Nothing probably. I can only confirm that the volume on the spdif/side
jack goes down if you move the slider. I will check what does windows do.

> Takashi

Julian

[3]
http://www.intel.com/standards/hdaudio/pdf/High_Definition_Audio_1_0a.pdf