[alsa-devel] additional problem

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jul 13 16:31:57 CEST 2011

At Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:25:31 -0400,
David Henderson wrote:

> On 07/13/2011 10:08 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> >> bump for help
> > You didn't give any useful information about the hardware itself, so
> > no one can answer.  Did it ever sound correctly with any other distro
> > at all?
> >
> > Please don't mix up the custom-build problem and the driver problem.
> > The problem with silent output is more likely a driver issue (or a
> > configuration issue).
> >

> > Takashi
>
> The hardware is an integrated HDA Intel audio sound card.  The
> /proc/asound/pcm file has this listed:
>
> 00-00: STAC92xx Analog : STAC92xx Analog : playback 1 : capture 2
> 00-01: STAC92xx Digital : STAC92xx Digital : playback 1
> 00-03: INTEL HDMI 0 : INTEL HDMI 0 : playback 1

That's not enough.  Which kernel / ALSA version, which model option?
Could you alsa-info.sh output (run with --no-upload option)?
This will give most of needed information.

> Yes, this audio works just fine within Kubuntu.

Do both run the same kernel version?

At next, try to run "alsactl -f somefile store" on both systems, and
compare the files.  You may see some difference in mixer setup.