[alsa-devel] additional problem

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Mon Jul 11 17:05:11 CEST 2011

On 07/11/2011 10:43 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:26:05 -0400,
> David Henderson wrote:
>> On 07/01/2011 02:41 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> It works usually as is.  Check once via ldd whether the binary is
>>> really linked with that fixed path.  You may hit a problem when using
>>> libtool with *.la files, for example.
>>>

>>> Takashi
>> Thanks for the continued help Takashi.  I've performed the requested
>> steps, but all referenced libs are correct (e.g. /lib/... and not
>> /opt/staging/alsa/lib/...).  Any other thoughts?
> Check ldd output of the binary.  If it contains the /opt/ path, it
> means that the path is set statically into the binary.  The old
> libtool had a related problem, IIRC.
>
> Other than that, rather ask your distro.  It's really distro-specific.
>

> Takashi

Hey Takashi, I performed the requested steps, but the output is still
correct (e.g. /lib/... and not /opt/staging/alsa/lib/...).  As stated in
the reply to Alex, the only place that path (from the error message) is
used during the compile process is during the 'make' call using
DESTDIR.  Other than that, the paths are root based and don't use the
/opt/staging/alsa prefix.  Other thoughts?

Dave